Monday, February 14, 2011

Holiday mode

Rex and I took a walk to get a good coffee from Qualia.
We picked up some cushion inserts for vintage silk scarf cushion covers (watch this space).
On our return trip, I documented all the bits and pieces that either make me laugh or admire.
The postman had been when I returned home and delivered my debut Amazon purchase all the way from the US of A: Lucio Fulci's 1969 film Perversion Story.
It's classic giallo, quite ridiculous, but mid-century modern stylish with a '60s Italian-US mix.
But, it has the most amazing jazz soundtrack, so, I bought the DVD version with Riz Ortolani's 11-track soundtrack included. It's fabulous.
Plus, I'm 99% certain track six boasts the saxophone solo that LL Cool J went on to sample in his super-cool 1987 hit Going Back to Cali.
But now I have 2 copies of the ridiculous film!?

Free!


Worth the walk

Gourmet offerings

Golden elm

Tassie lion

G'day, Che

Mode of transport


No thanks, I'm walking

Beautifully worn tiles

Dodgy film, magnificent soundtrack

No comments: