Thursday, August 18, 2011

Manhattan about town

In addition to posting about his apartment, design and various vintage finds, Daniel, the young New Yorker behind Manhattan Nest, writes exceptionally funny copy (read Frack hack for example).
He shares my love of Ikea's Frack mirror, but he's done something ultra clever with it here.
He's also swayed my thoughts on the Eames lounge chair and ottoman. I've never really been a fan (black leather and stripey wood veneer - ugh!), and never understood all the fawning, that is until I saw the ivory version below.



While we're looking at lovely images, here are some more, and some early inspiration for my imminent stairwell revamp. At this stage I'm firrmly in the '70s with feature pendant lights and wallpaper the most outstanding contenders for the space.

Frack light and Eames lounge chair and ottoman photos from Manhattan Nest, the rest are courtesy of Emmas Design Blogg.





No comments: